Friday, March 19, 2010

Whiskey a Co-Coa



I didn't make it until next week. Last week in the cookie contest, there was a suggestion for a Whiskey, Raisin, and Walnut cookie. I wasn't sure at first, but as others heard about the flavor, they were very interested. I was intrigued.

Inspired by that flavor suggestion and St. Patrick's Day, I decided to try to make an Irish Carbomb cookie. The Irish Carbomb is a shot of half Bailey's Irish Cream and half Whiskey dropped into a glass of Guinness Beer. Liquid is very difficult to add to a cookie and still maintain a cookie texture. I couldn't come up with any way to get all three liquids into one cookie, so I decided to go with the two strongest - Bailey's and Whiskey.

I threw together a chocolate cookie with a little less than a shot of whiskey in the batter. Of course, the alcohol cooked off a bit, but the cookie was left with a nice unusual flavor. I topped the cookie off with a flat icing made of Bailey's Irish Cream and powdered sugar. It added just a little kick of alcohol to the cookie.

I didn't really have any trials in making these cookies. They turned out just like I expected on the first try.



Keith was not a big fan of the cookies - he only thought they were OK. I was pleasantly surprised and thought the flavor was better than I expected. Both Keith and I took the cookies to our coworkers, who all seemed very pleased.

Of course, after making the cookies, I had the perfect idea for making an actual carbomb cookie - so I am going to save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment